You'll love your job at Consumers Credit Union, one of the 101 Best Places To Work as reported by the Michigan Business and Professional Association. We appreciate your interest in joining our sales and service team, where providing exceptional member service is our core philosophy.
Many careers are available at Consumers, including retail sales, administrative, finance, and marketing. At Consumers, you're joining a team that works closely together and counts on one another. You'll find the people here enjoy an unusually high level of camaraderie. Career opportunities abound in our expanding organization.
Member Service Representatives - Grand Rapids
Consumers Credit Union is a successful community based financial institution with 14 offices in West Michigan. We are pleased to announce the building of two new locations in Grand Rapids in 2014, and are looking for the right individuals to add to our team! Construction will begin this spring with both offices slated to open this fall.
The new locations will be in Gaines Township (1673 68th St. SE,
Caledonia, MI 49316) and Cascade (5597 28th St. SE, Grand Rapids,
Our Member Service Representatives are responsible for delivering high-quality service and being able to assist members with financial questions and concerns. They will be responsible for cross-selling products and services that match our members' needs, opening new accounts, handling loans and being our members' full-service representative. Applicants must be professional, have an outgoing personality, enjoy working with people, meet monthly goals and provide outstanding member service. Availability until 6-6:30pm weekdays and 12:30pm Saturdays required. Bilingual candidates a plus. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Office Manager - Holland
As Office CEO you will be responsible for coaching and developing staff, building member relationships, meeting office growth goals, lending, and implementing new strategies. The ideal candidate will have a bachelors degree and 2 years of proven management experience and goal attainment. Lending experience helpful. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Member Service Center Representative - Kalamazoo
Our MSCR's provide superior member service through various forms of contact to enhance member relationships and exceed member expectations. They assist members with basic financial questions and concerns, educate members on all products and services available and help build the membership base by opening new accounts and creating loan referrals, over the phone in our Member Service Center. Skills and Qualifications:
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Good listening and empathy skills.
3. Ability to solve problems in a timely manner.
4. Ability to defuse difficult members.
5. Consistent goal attainment in previous positions.
6. PC skills (excel, word)
7. Knowledge of phone operations (hold, transfer, voice mail, etc.).
8. Ability to handle a high volume of calls while maintaining a positive and professional attitude while providing excellent member service. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Teller - Kalamazoo
Our Tellers are responsible for processing member transactions in an accurate and timely manner while delivering high-quality service and cross-selling products and services that match our members' needs. Applicants must have an outgoing personality, enjoy working with people, meet monthly goals and provide outstanding member service. Availability until 6-6:30pm weekdays and 12:30pm Saturdays required. Bilingual candidates a plus. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Financial Services Representative - Kalamazoo/Coldwater
Consumers Credit Union is a successful community based financial institution with 14 offices in West Michigan. Due to the growth of our Investment Services program we are looking for the right individual to add to our team. Consumers Credit Union has a strong presence in the local community with a growing base of offices and members. We aspire to maintain high compliance standards that provide our clientele with full-service, non-proprietary financial planning and investment services.
Consumers Credit Union is seeking an experience Financial Services Representative for our Kalamazoo/Coldwater Markets. The Financial Services Representative:
• Provides analysis and guidance to businesses and individuals in order for them to make investment decisions.
• Recommends financial options to members in accordance with their short and long term goals.
• Prepares and delivers comprehensive financial advice that may include portfolio reviews, asset accumulation strategies, analysis and assessments, pre/post-retirement planning, and asset allocation strategies.
• Enhance and expand the overall penetration and participation levels of Consumers Credit Union’s current investment services program and ensure on-going quality service to existing members/clients.
• Will hold a Bachelor's degree in Business or Insurance (or equivalent work experience)
• 5 years proven experience in the delivery of personal investment products and services, with at least 1 year of experience in a financial institution.
• The candidate must also successfully complete and maintain: Series 7, Series 66, Life, Accident, and Health Insurance Licenses, and State specific securities and investment licenses.
• Experience with needs based selling and financial profiling software a plus
Other important attributes of successful candidates include:
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong leadership qualities
• The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Part Time Teller - Kalamazoo/Portage
Are you looking for a part-time career that will provide work/life balance? Consumers Credit Union, America’s top-rated credit union, is currently looking for part-time Tellers and Member Service Center Representatives to work in our Kalamazoo/Portage locations. Our employees enjoy an unusually high level of camaraderie, and career opportunities abound in our expanding organization, which has been rated as one of the 101 Best Places To Work in West Michigan. You’ll love your job at Consumers Credit Union! CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Manager Trainee - West Michigan
Our Manager Trainee's begin in the role of a teller, working toward their goal of becoming a future Office Manager. CLICK HERE TO APPLY
All applicants must complete an online employment application. If you do not have time to complete the application, you may come back to it using the username and password that you create. However, Consumers will not consider your application for employment until the application has been completed. Upon completion, you will receive an email verifying your submission was successful. Since we are a financial institution, all applicants must be bondable and also pass a credit screen and criminal background check.
To provide quality, innovative products and services that contribute to the economic and social well being of our membership.
How we behave and what we believe in are the traits that define our corporate culture and how we interact with members, suppliers, and each other.