Easily add a savings account through Online Banking
Having the patience to set aside savings for a special trip or just for emergencies can be tough. But staying organized and regularly setting aside money—even if it’s just a little at a time—can help you reach your savings goals faster.
To help keep you focused, many people opt to open a specific savings account for each financial goal. And now in online banking, Consumers allows you to open your own specialized savings, money market or Christmas account in just minutes.
1. Log in to Online Banking.
2. Click on “Open Savings Account” from the “Additional Services” tab.
3. Choose the type of savings account you desire from the drop-down menu:
- Special Savings – Generic savings accounts for vacations, emergency funds, furniture or anything else you want to save up for.
- Christmas Savings – You can make regular deposits into these accounts throughout the year to make your holiday shopping less stressful. The account will earn a special rate, however, funds are only available for withdrawal October 1 – December 31 (though exceptions may apply).
- Money Market – You can invest in a personal or business money market account starting with a minimum balance of $2,500. This option offers competitive interest earnings and the flexibility you want to make unlimited deposits and withdrawals with no monthly fees.
4. Give your account an easily recognizable name by entering one in the “Enter Account Nickname” field.
5. Click “Submit.”
Upon submission, the account will be created the same day and will take about 10 minutes before it will display in online banking upon the next login.
If you have any questions about this new feature, please call 800.991.221 or visit any Consumers office.
Federally insured by NCUA