Friday Five Business Briefing – August 25, 2017
This week’s roundup of biz resources includes holiday spending trends, sources for free images and a report on how time off can strengthen your organization.
- An eMarketer Report expects retail sales to jump 16.6% during the 2017 holiday season. Much of the growth will be driven by mobile and online commerce, and lots of shoppers plan to start their buying early. Get the executive summary here.
- When’s the last time you took a break? Even just five minutes can boost your energy and creativity. Check out this infographic on how to use breaks to be more productive –even if it’s just five minutes.
- If you looked at your business from the outside, what would your impression be? If you look erratic, unprepared or inexperienced, use these five ways to make your biz appear bigger and more professional.
- Research shows that social media and blog posts with images get more views and shares. Here are 21 sites with free images to spruce up your visuals.
- Harvard Business Review says big blocks of time off make organizations stronger and help identify new leadership talent. Read all about the benefits of sabbaticals here. At the very least, make your plans for Labor Day – it’s only 11 days away!
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: eMarketer, Hppy, Entrepreneur, Ragan’s PR Daily, and Harvard Business Review.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable Business Development Managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA