Friday Five Business Briefing – December 15, 2017
- The best SEO tactic – Forbes cites “relevant content creation” as the #1 search engine optimization tactic. Yet less than a third of small businesses do any SEO. This provides a big opportunity for companies who understand user intent and offer quality content. Learn where to concentrate your content marketing efforts here.
- Time management alternative – You might be better off managing your energy rather than your time, according to two leaders of a boutique consulting firm. Inc. quotes them saying, “If you effectively monitor and maintain your energy, you will find yourself getting more out of the time you spend.”
- Entrepreneurship – The flip side of your independence as a business owner is not always having a source for guidance when you’re not sure what to do next. That’s why entrepreneurs need mentors and here’s how to find them.
- When you can’t accept “no” – Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself in the face of rejection. Read Barbara Corcoran’s email to Mark Burnett and see how she stood up for herself, changed a business outcome and earned her place on Shark Tank.
- Color trends – Ultra violet is the color of the year for 2018, according to Pantone Color Institute. The regal shade is already showing up in consumer goods and fashion. Other companies name hot colors of the year, too. Watch this video to see what shades are setting trends in home and design and interiors how the color of the year affects marketing and product sales.
Thank you to our Friday Five Sources: Forbes, Inc., Entrepreneur, Business Insider and Time.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA