Friday Five Business Briefing – September 21, 2018
Here’s news that can help you run your business better, including tips on how small businesses can beat Amazon and how Gen Z is changing the way business gets done.
- Do you see Amazon as a threat or an inspiration? Find out how small businesses can compete with Amazon this holiday season.
- Unemployment claims hit a 49-year low—and this means that businesses are competing to hold on to workers and find new ones. Get the full report.
- Who’s taking a break from Facebook? Over 40 percent of users on the social media site have taken a weeks-long break from the platform in the past year. Read more about how Americans are changing their relationship with Facebook.
- Move over Millennials; Gen Z is now in the spotlight — This risk-averse generation is less self-centered than Millennials, and they’re having a big effect on delivery services, the gadget market and the gig economy. Read and watch to discover more about the generation born starting in 2001.
- Everybody loves a freebie! There are tons of free online tools that can help you grow your business. Here are 50 free or free-trial tools for everything from advertising and analytics to email and money management.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Forbes, The Hill, Pew Research, Bloomberg and Fundera.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA