Your @Work Program
Financial Support Services
Metro Health - University of Michigan Health and Consumers Credit Union are coming together to help you during the COVID-19 crisis with financial resources. Below you’ll find education, one-on-one financial wellness information and exclusive offerings.Exclusive Offers
The key to help you stop living paycheck to paycheck is simple (and yet so difficult): budgeting. Whether you’re trying to manage your personal checking account, save up for a down payment on a new home, or just manage your monthly bills, having a good budget can help take the stress out of payday. Here are some resources to help you get started:
Presentation & Resources:
- Budgeting | Download Worksheet
- Home Budget Calculator
- Debt Consolidation Calculator
- Credit counseling and repair services/programs
- Tips for becoming debt-free
- Budgeting basics: The digital envelope system
- Tips for living on a budget that won’t make you miserable
Setting the stage for a comfortable retirement involves determining how much you need to save and developing a roadmap to pursue your goals.
There can be a lot to consider with retirement planning strategies, but one thing is for sure—it’s never too early or too late to start saving.
With the CARES act temporarily lifting the early withdrawal penalties from retirement accounts, many people are wondering if they should take out money or not. As a Consumers partner, you don’t have to make these decisions alone.
In the meantime, explore other investment blogs here.
In uncertain times like these, many feel insecure or anxious about their job or where their next paycheck may be coming from. Check out these resources below as a starting point on how to react to today’s events.
- How to Cut Expenses Immediately
- What if your income is cut?
- Forbearance: What it means and how to access it
- Economic Impact Payments: What to know and expect
More than a million Michiganders are currently unemployed due to the stay-in-place restrictions, including probably someone you know. Here are some resources to share should they be needed:
- Executive Order from Governor’s Office: Temporary Expansions on Unemployment Eligibility & Cost-Sharing
- The State of Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency’s guide on how to file for and receive unemployment benefits
- Video series of FAQs from the State of Michigan UIA
- FAQs about Unemployment for COVID-19 from the Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- 2.00% APR off your current auto loan rate.1
- No closing costs when you open a HELOC.2
- $500 Mortgage Incentive 3
- At Your Service and Advanced Medical Mortgage programs
Do you have financial questions? Contact our knowledgeable @Work Financial Wellness Coach Arianna Hovey to set up a virtual or in-person appointment. She’s here to help you with your financial well-being!
Additional member benefits
Local companies honor discounts and services to Consumers members. All you need to do is show your debit or credit card upon purchase.
Wherever your travels take you, enjoy convenient access to your cash through the surcharge free CO-OP ATM network. With 30,000+ CO-OP ATMs throughout the U.S. and more than 200 here in West Michigan alone, it’s easy to avoid unnecessary ATM fees with an account at Consumers.
Our team makes financial education fun! Check out our upcoming seminars.
Our Interactive Tellers in our drive thrus (and some offices) function as ATMs plus give you access to a remote teller who would serve you just like being in an office. Features include the following:
- Service from real people (just through a screen) who work locally in West Michigan
- Complex transactions made easy – cash your check, get cash advances, make loan payments, do transaction research and the normal stuff you’d do in an office.
- Extended drive-thru hours – Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.; Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.; ATM functionality (24/7)
- Printed receipts including images of your deposited checks
1 All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms, and conditions may vary based on credit worthiness, qualifications, and collateral conditions. Offers not available on existing Consumers loans. APR discount available on refinances of vehicles model year 2009 or newer. Current loan must have at least 6 months payment history and over $5,000 remaining balance. Lowest available rate is 2.99%.
2 All loans subject to approval.
3 Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on credit worthiness, qualifications and collateral conditions. All loans subject to approval. $500 offer only eligible to members who are currently employed by a Consumers @Work partner on a 1st lien mortgage for the purchase of an owner occupied home. Eligible candidates must be enrolled in and receive monthly mortgage and deposit eStatements. $500 will be credited to your account when 30 days of meeting qualifications and loan closing. Offer expires May 31, 2020.
4Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. (“CFS”), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. Consumers Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.
Federally insured by NCUA.