Friday Five Business Briefing – October 1, 2021
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news you can use in a constantly changing business environment, including how waving cash at remote workers complicates compensation; tips on getting smart about charts; better warehousing without spending lots of money; and more.
- Towns complicating CFOs’ compensation models — Towns that wave cash at remote workers raise the stakes when devising a compensation model for a permanently distributed workforce. Read about the latest strategies on compensation.
- Get smart about charts — Some data-visualization techniques lead us to assume causality where it doesn’t exist. Learn how to visualize data responsibly and find the real trends.
- Better warehousing without a capital expense— Getting back to tried-and-true efficiencies can optimize warehouse ops without costing a lot of money. Brush up on the basics and learn about the “as a service” model.
- Meetings to do without and those too legit to quit — Meetings are expensive, so make sure the ones you have are genuinely useful. Discover 6 types of worthwhile meetings.
- Do you have the courage to be a true leader? If you’re willing to peel back the onion and own your uglier layers, you’re on the path to becoming a better leader. Here are 5 ways to lead with emotional courage and get the best out of people.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: CFO Dive, Kellogg Insight, Supply Chain Dive, Ladders and Inc.
Federally insured by NCUA