Youth, Kids, & Teen Accounts
A penny saved is a penny earned
It's never too soon to start teaching money management skills to your kids and teens. With accounts for children and teens, including CD options, youth savings accounts and teen debit card options, our youngest members have the tools and resources they'll need to become financially savvy adults. To open yours stop by one of our office locations or start the process online!EXISTING MEMBERS OPEN ONLINE
Consumers youth & kids savings accounts are an engaging way for kids 12 and under to make depositing money fun, while teaching great savings habits and money management skills at the same time.
Fun ways to teach kids how to save with our Wimee Kids’ Savings Club
- $5.00 to open an account (Social Security number and qualified parent or guardian required)
- Choice of Consumers piggy bank upon account opening & enrollment in our Wimee Kids’ Savings Club to earn free Wimee swag:
- First deposit = Wimee Sticker
- Second deposit = Wimee Book
- Third deposit = Wimee Plush
Our teen savings accounts and checking accounts help youth learn to manage their own money by introducing checking accounts and debit cards and gaining access to Consumers’ online and mobile banking tools to see them through college and beyond.
Developing money cents
- Savings accounts – $5.00 to open an account (Social Security number and qualified parent or guardian required)
- Checking accounts and debit cards recommended for teenagers 13+ (with a qualified parent or guardian on the account; ask about younger ages)
- Online and mobile money management for teens: Access to Online Banking through our Mobile App puts your teens’ accounts right at their fingertips.
- Financial education opportunities: Learn from our partners at Young Money Finances through a financial kit or access online financial educational courses tailored to your lifestage.
No matter what stage of life you are in, we are proud to be your financial partner as you live, work and play. Take a look at the tools we have to help you learn about finances.
We love spending time investing in career fairs and financial education events at colleges and universities across West Michigan. But we especially hold dear our time spent at one of the coolest hangouts on our hometown Western Michigan University’s campus.