Friday Five Business Briefing – January 11, 2019
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including new Michigan laws, when to invest in training and tips for saving energy.
- Ten bills that affect business in the Great Lakes state — A frenetic lame-duck season resulted in former Governor Rick Snyder signing 221 bills into law in December. Here are 10 new laws that affect how we do business in Michigan.
- Consumer confidence sets records — Economist Richard Curtin reports that consumer confidence remained at record favorable levels in December. 2018 was the best year since 2000. See the full report.
- When to invest in training (and make sure it sticks!) — According to Harvard Business Review, learning is a consequence of thinking, not teaching. Here are three conditions needed to ensure your training solution will be effective.
- Does your company need to go on an “energy diet”? At the beginning of the new year, many of us look for ways to cut calories; businesses can improve their financial well-being by reducing energy use. To get started, check out these tips for saving energy.
- When the winter blahs take over — get a dose of inspiration with these quotes that will give you a new perspective.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Crain’s Detroit Business, the University of Michigan, Harvard Business Review, Conserve Energy Future and Canva.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA