Friday Five Business Briefing – November 2, 2018
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including how to mitigate the effects of tariffs, become a better negotiator and avoid another long airport security line.
- Limit damage to your business from tariffs — Small business owners concerned about the effects of recent tariffs on cash flow, inventory and customer loyalty need to know how to stabilize their business with these five basic steps from Entrepreneur.
- Want to be a stronger negotiator? Harvard Business School research suggests that negotiating with warmth can be surprisingly counterproductive. Discover how to be a better negotiator.
- The Uber of real estate is coming —Technology has changed the way we shop for household goods, cars and even medical services. The next market to be transformed by apps is real estate where buying a home may soon become more like matchmaking.
- Can’t stand one more TSA security check? Check out Priva, the rolling C-Suite executives are using to skip short-haul flights.
- Remember to vote November 6 — There are numerous statewide proposals and open offices on the ballot on Tuesday. Make sure your voice gets heard by casting your vote.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Entrepreneur, Inc., Montreal Gazette, Forbes and MLive.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA