Friday Five Business Briefing – October 4, 2019
Learn about our business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers. We’re here to help you grow your business!Learn more
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including a new incubator in Michigan, how to protect yourself from frivolous lawsuits and how to make kindness your competitive advantage.
- New business incubator and research lab launched — The MSU Foundation’s VanCamp Incubator + Research Labs in East Lansing offers facilities for emerging companies and research groups. The new 22,000-square-foot facility features nine wet labs, 42 office spaces, as well as shared equipment rooms, conference rooms and common areas. Read more.
- What would happen if you were sued? Even a frivolous lawsuit can be disastrous. Learn how to stop one from sinking your business.
- One reason so many people leave their jobs — A new survey shows that 30% of respondents quit their jobs because it does not offer flexible work options. Discover the other factors that prompt employees to exit.
- Crush the competition with kindness — Each customer interaction is an opportunity to let them know how much you value them. Show kindness and you’ll beat your competitors one customer at a time. Find out how.
- CEOs who work less but smarter — If your work schedule leaves little time for anything else, consider limiting your hours. Here are three CEOs who work 40 hours per week (or less) and share why you should, too.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: DBusiness, Entrepreneur, Inc., Forbes and Fast Company.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA