What makes your business a great place to work
Get insights on why employees love the companies they work for from some of the best
Fortune recently announced its list of 100 Best Companies to Work For, including several with locations in Michigan. If your company wasn’t included, don’t feel bad. Only employers with at least 1,000 U.S. workers were invited to participate in the survey for the top spots. However, there are things we can all learn from bigger employers in order to run a business better.
We took a look at what current and former employees say about their experiences at some of these great places to work for. Here are our (unscientific) findings from comments on Glassdoor that go beyond kudos for great pay and benefits.
Many companies were praised for a good work/life balance. Opportunities to learn and advance are often cited as well. Here are select comments from Glassdoor reviews that provide more insights on what makes some of these Michigan companies great places to work.
What employees say about Novo Nordisk
- Still cares about employees.
- Love the values of the company, its way of doing business, and its commitment to the disease [diabetes] and patients.
- Strong training.
What employees say about Plante Moran
- The vast majority of people who work at Plante Moran care about you as a person and do not treat you like just another cog in a machine.
- Clients and staff are treated with respect.
- Family oriented offices.
What employees say about Delta Air Lines
- Great internal culture for diversity, very smart coworkers who care, largest profit sharing, flight benefits and updated facilities with on-campus perks.
- Lots of upward mobility.
- AMAZING maternity leave—entire pregnancy off (paid) and then a year of bonding leave (unpaid).
- Previous places I’ve worked have talked about how people are their greatest asset, but it doesn’t translate into action. Delta is different—they take care of their people. It perpetuates a cycle where everyone works together toward common goals.
Consumers was recently named one of the 101 Best and Brightest companies to Work For in West Michigan, an award that we’ve received many times before, but its significance is not lost on us. If you’re looking to join a team committed to serving its employees just as well as its members, check out our career opportunities.
And if you have business banking questions, please contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA