File a Debit or Credit Card Dispute

If a transaction has posted to your account without your authorization you may dispute it through Consumers Credit Union. Disputes in personal accounts must be made within 60 days of the transaction posting.  Disputes in business accounts must be made within 7 days of the transaction posting.

Before you begin a dispute, ensure the transaction is unauthorized. Some merchants’ names may appear differently in the transaction history.

Once you have started the dispute process, we will research your claim by contacting the merchant. We may need to speak with you during the process to ask clarifying questions.

If the dispute is accepted, the funds will be returned to your account within 10 days of the dispute filing.

If the dispute is rejected, the funds will not be returned to your account.

Please note that giving your PIN to someone to use your debit card to withdraw cash or make a purchase will void a dispute.

Debit Card, Credit Card, ACH and Check Disputes – You may begin a dispute by visiting an office or calling our Member Service Center at 800.991.2221.

Explore all FAQ