Apply now for a chance to be awarded our $20,000 scholarship or one of 10, $1,000 scholarships!
The Consumers Credit Union Student Scholarship Fund is supported by the generosity of our employees and the revenue from our coin counters.
How To Apply
- You must be an active credit union member with your own account prior to applying. If you’re not a member, no problem, apply in an office.
- Make sure to have all of your application materials ready. See Application Materials section below for full list.
- Start and complete your application. Applications are due April 5, 2021.
Consumers Credit Union Scholarship Guidelines
- Applicants must be a full-time high school senior with a GPA of 2.0 or higher.
- Applications are evaluated on academic achievement, community service and essay content.
- The applicant must be an active member of Consumers Credit Union with his/her own account.
- The $1,000 scholarships will be directly deposited into the student’s account upon proof of membership and proof of course enrollment at their college, university or trade program.
- The $20,000 grand prize will be deposited into the winner’s account with their college or university or trade program. The award amount will be split into four payments of $5,000, deposited twice a year for two years after receiving proof of course enrollment at their college, university or trade program.
- Eleven essays will be selected as finalists with a chance to win the grand prize. Those students will be eligible to submit a video of why they deserve to win the $20,000 scholarship. The 10 remaining finalists will receive $1,000 each.
- Completed Scholarship Application
- High school transcript
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited college, university or trade school
- Letter of recommendation
- Documentation to demonstrate participation in school activities, community service and/or volunteer work for the benefit of others
- Documentation of other awarded scholarships
- 300 word (minimum) essay on the assigned topic: Where are you going and how will you get there? Tell us what your future goals are, how are you going to achieve them and what will that mean for your community.
*Disclaimer: Consumers Credit Union does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by law. Employees, Board Members and immediate family members are not eligible for the Student Scholarships. Winners must submit proof of enrollment before funds will be distributed. Grand Prize winner must submit proof of enrollment for each of the four $5,000 payments will be released to their college, university or trade program. Funds forfeited if not used within 5 years. Federally insured by NCUA