Our 2023 application for our $10,000 scholarship and 10, $1,000 scholarships is now closed.
The Consumers Credit Union Student Scholarship Fund is supported by the generosity of our employees and the revenue from our coin counters.
How To Apply
The scholarship is now closed. Please check back in January for the 2024 scholarship.
Consumers Credit Union Scholarship Guidelines
- Applicants must be a graduating Michigan high school senior with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Applications are evaluated on academic achievement, community service and essay content.
- Winners must have or open an active checking account with Consumers Credit Union to receive funding.
- The $1,000 scholarships will be directly deposited into the student’s account upon proof of membership and proof of course enrollment at their college, university or trade program.
- The $10,000 grand prize will be deposited into the winner’s account with their college, university or trade program. The award amount will be split into four payments of $2,500, deposited twice a year for two years. These payments will be issued regardless of the amount owed each semester unless otherwise agreed upon in writing. Winner must provide proof of course enrollment at their college, university or trade program before each distribution.
- Eleven essays will be selected and notified no later than March 21 as finalists with a chance to win the grand prize. Those students will be eligible to submit a video (due April 9) of why they deserve to win the $10,000 scholarship. The 10 remaining finalists will receive $1,000 each. The Grand Prize winner will be revealed approximately April 26.
- Completed Scholarship Application
- High school transcript
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited college, university or trade school
- Letter of recommendation
- Documentation to demonstrate your community impact through volunteering, extracurricular activities and/or after-school employment
- Documentation of other awarded scholarships
- 300 word (minimum) essay on the assigned topic: What makes you you? Describe a facet of your identity, background or story that is essential to who you are.
Ready to apply? Use this checklist
*Contest open until March 1st, 2023, 11:59PM EST. Consumers Credit Union does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by law. Employees, Board Members and immediate family members are not eligible for the Student Scholarships. Winners must submit proof of enrollment in a college, university or trade program before each fund distribution. Videos submitted by the finalists may be published on Consumers’ website or social media pages, and the videos may be edited and used by Consumers for promotional purposes. Eleven winners will be selected and notified March 22, 2023. The grand prize winner will be picked on April 20, 2023 and will be revealed based on the winner’s availability upon which, the semi-finalists will be notified. Funds forfeited if not used within 5 years.