Our 2022 application for our $20,000 scholarship and 10, $1,000 scholarships is now closed. Please check back in January 2023 for the next scholarship opportunity.
The Consumers Credit Union Student Scholarship Fund is supported by the generosity of our employees and the revenue from our coin counters.
How To Apply
Applications are closed for 2022. Please check back for the next opportunity in January 2023.
Consumers Credit Union Scholarship Guidelines
- Applicants must be a full-time high school senior with a GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Applications are evaluated on academic achievement, community service and essay content.
- The applicant must be an active member of Consumers Credit Union with his/her own account.
- The $1,000 scholarships will be directly deposited into the student’s account upon proof of membership and proof of course enrollment at their college, university or trade program.
- The $20,000 grand prize will be deposited into the winner’s account with their college, university or trade program. The award amount will be split into four payments of $5,000, deposited twice a year for two years. Winner must provide proof of course enrollment at their college, university or trade program before each distribution.
- Eleven essays will be selected and notified no later than March 21 as finalists with a chance to win the grand prize. Those students will be eligible to submit a video (due April 9) of why they deserve to win the $20,000 scholarship. The 10 remaining finalists will receive $1,000 each. The Grand Prize winner will be revealed approximately April 26.
- Completed Scholarship Application
- High school transcript
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited college, university or trade school
- Letter of recommendation
- Documentation to demonstrate participation in school activities, community service and/or volunteer work for the benefit of others
- Documentation of other awarded scholarships
- 300 word (minimum) essay on the assigned topic: Tell us about a time in your life when friendship proved to be of great importance to you.
*Disclaimer: Consumers Credit Union does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, disability or any other status or condition protected by law. Employees, Board Members, and their immediate family members are not eligible for the Student Scholarships. Videos submitted by finalists may be published on Consumers’ website or social media pages, and the videos may be edited and used by Consumers for promotional purposes. Winners must submit proof of enrollment before each fund distribution. Funds forfeited if not used within 5 years. Eleven winners will be selected and notified March 21, 2022. The grand prize winner will be picked on April 26, 2022 and will be revealed based on the winner’s availability upon which, the semi-finalists will be notified.