Skip a Pay
Skip a Pay allows you to skip a loan payment on qualifying loans.
When using Skip a Pay, please keep this in mind:
- Skip a Pays may be made every 90 days
- Skip a Pay can be used on most vehicle loans, recreational loans, and unsecured personal loans.
- A Skip a Pay request may be rejected if your loan is not in good standing.
- The skipped payment is moved to the end of the loan. This extends the time you will pay on the loan by one month for each Skip a Pay completed.
You can use Skip a Pay by submitting a request through Online Banking or calling our Member Service Center at 800.991.2221, as some skip requests require manual processing.
To submit a Skip a Pay request in Online Banking:
- Log in to Online Banking
- Click More (…)
- Click Skip a Pay
- Follow the on-screen prompts
Should a Skip a Pay solution not work for you, please call us to discuss how we can meet your needs.
*Interest will continue to accrue during the deferment period. Deferment of payment will extend the life of the loan and may cause an increase in the final payment amount. Offer only available on CONSUMER qualifying loans (excluding: home equities, mortgages, credit cards, lines of credit, MI Saves and merchant loans, Share secured, CD secured and repayment accounts) currently financed with Consumers Credit Union with a maximum of six extensions allowed during the term of the loan, and no prior extensions within the last 90 days. Limit of two extensions per calendar year. Loans must be current and all accounts in good standing. If your auto loan has GAP insurance, please contact your insurance carrier to determine how a Skip A Payment may affect your coverage. Offer subject to approval and does not apply to the first payment of any loan. The fee to skip a payment is $40 for loan payments less than $500; the fee is $50 for loan payments greater than $500.