Friday Five Business Briefing – December 1, 2017
Business news you can use! Discover what you need know about attracting top talent, using stock images without getting sued, saving for retirement when you’re self-employed and more.
- Hiring – To hire top talent, you need to offer three key benefits: career growth, pay stability and work/life balance. Get the whole story at Inc.
- Marketing and Social Media – Images will help your content get noticed and shared, but do you know how to use them without creating legal havoc? Here’s a Beginner’s Guide to Using Stock Images Without Getting Sued.
- Retirement Saving – If you’re self-employed and have no employees, a solo 401(k) could be the retirement savings plan for you. Contribution limits are $54K in 2017, plus an additional $6K in catch up funds if you’re 50 or older. Get the quick facts here.
- Teambuilding – This two-minute read shares 3 lessons on small business teamwork that business owners learned growing up in a military household.
- There’s an app for that – Maintain your work/life balance by using a separate number for your business. There are 25 Android and iPhone apps that let you add a second phone number for business only calls. One app, Swytch, allows businesses to give their employees work mobile numbers instead of work mobile phones.
Thank you to our Friday Five Sources: Inc., Entrepreneur, Nerd Wallet and Small Business Trends.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA