Friday Five Business Briefing – November 3, 2017
See what’s in store for 2018 taxes, how to collect on past-due receivables and where to find inspiration for your social media marketing.
- Taxes: New federal income tax brackets were recently announced with a caveat: the rates may change if tax reform passes in the coming year. See which bracket applies for you in 2018.
- Cash flow: What’s your plan for handling past due accounts? Boost your collection rate with these 9 tips for getting delinquent accounts to pay up.
- Small business failure: There are 28.8 million small businesses in the U.S. with new ones popping up all the time while others close their doors just as quickly. This infographic shows why they fail and which kind of businesses have the best survival rate.
- Real estate trend: Are residential country club communities going the way of landlines? Millennials are moving into “agrihoods” – agriculture neighborhoods aimed at the generation that loves the farm-to-table lifestyle. Think greenhouses, fruit trees and community kitchens.
- Marketing: Get social media inspiration from five small businesses with Fortune 500-level social media content here – you’ll see how they use Facebook, Twitter, Instagram to market everything from craft brews to mermaid tails.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: USA Today, ABC/Amega, Entrepreneur, Business Insider and PC Magazine.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA