Friday Five Business Briefing – July 23, 2021
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news you can use in a constantly changing business environment, including incentives for employees returning to the office; why you might want a CSO, but not a VP of sales; new ways to manage a hybrid workforce; and how to take summer break no matter how busy you are.
- Enticing employees to work in-person — Random $10,000 awards for vaccinated employees who return to the office are being used by one company to get people back to the physical office. While many employees want to continue working remotely, employers are finding that the work-from-home trend gives them access to a wider selection because they’re not limited by geography. Read more about how one company is incentivizing its employees back to the office.
- Make room for the CSO — More and more C-suites are hiring chief sustainability officers (CSO). Over the years, this role has shifted beyond sustainability to incorporate social justice and other elements of environmental, social and governance criteria. Get the full story on how hiring a CSO could benefit your business.
- Why you shouldn’t hire a VP of sales — Early-stage companies should focus on hiring a “super rep” while established companies should be cautious about promoting a top rep to the VP of sales role. Discover why a VP of sales might not be a necessary position for all businesses.
- Wrongheaded thinking on a hybrid workforce — Today’s teams with a combination of in-person and remote workers need to work differently because old work rules no longer apply. Find out how to avoid taking bad habits remote.
- Make time for this — If your jam-packed schedule won’t allow for a weeklong vacation, or even a weekend getaway, there’s one event anyone can work into their calendar — a picnic! Sunshine and a fresh breeze can make everything taste better, and a break from work is good for everyone. Plan a picnic before Labor Day with one of these delicious packable recipes — or get takeout. You’ll be glad you did!
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: SHRM, Marketplace, Entrepreneur, Fast Company and Country Living.
Federally insured by NCUA