Friday Five Business Briefing – November 10, 2023
Consumers business services
Here’s news you can use in a constantly changing business environment, including how AI is transforming work, how much the national economy expanded last quarter, why you might follow the state’s lead on hiring veterans and more.
- AI reshapes work — 77% of C-suite execs say AI is disrupting their business and 87% are struggling to find talent with AI skills. See how else AI is transforming the world of work and the skills employees need.
- How you might use Chat GPT — Increasingly, AI tools are being used for social media, documents, content and report writing. Learn how to use ChatGPT to improve your content creation.
- National economy expands — The nation’s economy expanded at an annual rate of 4.9% last quarter. It’s the fastest pace in nearly two years and twice the rate of the previous quarter. Read more about the Commerce Department’s report.
- What’s keeping workers tethered longer — Inflation and other financial challenges have crushed retirement dreams for a third of all workers. Inflation is the reason behind one-quarter of adults reducing retirement savings and 12% halting retirement savings completely. See how employers are helping employees have a successful retirement.
- Should your company follow the state’s lead on hiring veterans? Michigan now waives bachelor’s degree requirements for many jobs if applicants served in the military as an E-6 or above. The policy change better recognizes veterans’ experience. Discover more about the program and consider if it’s a way you could attract talent.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: edX, Geeky Gadgets. Corp!, Employee Benefit News, and Military Times.
All loans subject to approval. Rates, terms and conditions are subject to change and may vary based on credit worthiness, qualifications and collateral conditions. Federally insured by NCUA.