Friday Five Business Briefing – November 30, 2018
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including how to handle cannabis in the workplace, a marketing strategy for Michigan farmers and how to draw in customers at the holidays.
- What does legal marijuana mean for Michigan employers? While recreational cannabis use is no longer criminalized under state law, employers may continue to drug test for marijuana and enforce a zero-tolerance drug policy. Get the whole story on cannabis in the workplace from The National Law Review.
- Marketing strategy for grain and milk producers—The 2019 outlook for Michigan farmers is much like 2018: gloomy. The Milk and Grain Marketing Series sponsored by Michigan State University will help producers market their commodities in a market that’s more volatile than ever.
- Home builders’ confidence drops—Expensive labor, scarce lots and tariffs have resulted in an 8-point plunge in home builder sentiment. It’s the biggest drop in 4-1/2 years. MarketWatch analyzes what it means to the big picture.
- Get buzzy to boost holiday sales—No, not buzzed! Generate buzz for your small business with a compelling holiday party your customers won’t be able to stop talking about. Here are ideas to draw people in.
- Inject your holiday playlist with these fresh tunes—Even carols we’ve loved for generations grow tiresome when they’re overplayed. Get your holiday groove on with fresh picks from Tyler the Creator, John Legend, RuPaul and more. Listen here.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: The National Law Review, Michigan Farm News, MarketWatch, Square and Harper’s Bazaar.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA