Friday Five Business Briefing – September 23, 2022
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news you can use in a constantly changing business environment, including falling inflation for gas prices, post-pandemic economic trends, keeping frontline and deskless employees engaged and more.
- Inflation falls two months in a row for gas — Despite signs of moderating price increases, inflation remains higher than many Americans have ever experienced. However, sharply dropping gas prices and cheaper used cars slowed the overall inflation rate.
- Where the economy is headed as it emerges from the pandemic — Central bank running to catch inflation, tight supplies from China and labor shortages are all influencing today’s economy. Here are five economic trends to watch post-pandemic.
- Increase engagement among frontline and deskless employees — It’s business-critical to ensure existing employees are connected. Discover three steps to increasing engagement among workers.
- Michigan job growth expected to ease — Job growth in Michigan will likely ease through 2023 as interest rates rise. The University of Michigan economists project the addition of just 6,600 jobs per quarter by the end of the next year “as the national economy enters a stall.” Read the full story about the projected slow down to Michigan’s job growth.
- Doubting yourself? — Doubting oneself is a natural human experience. What you do with “personal uncertainty” can change what happens next. Discover a behavioral scientist’s three-step method to beat personal doubt.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Politico, Kellogg Insight, HR Executive, MiBiz and Inc.
Federally insured by NCUA