Friday Five Business Briefing – September 3, 2021
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news you can use in a constantly changing business environment, including PPP loan forgiveness; how one company used four-day work weeks to boost productivity; strategies to develop women as leaders; and more.
- Want your PPP loan forgiven? PPP loan forgiveness isn’t automatic or guaranteed. Businesses that want forgiveness need to file a follow-up application that effectively makes the loan a grant. Click here for specific forgiveness guidance on a Consumers PPP loan.
- Three-day weekends every week — When Chicago design firm Minimal switched to four-day work weeks, production and profit increased and employees got more time to recharge. Discover how a four-day work week led to their best year ever.
- Developing women as leaders — Women have the ability to be excellent leaders, yet they’re not represented in leadership positions like men. Help more women grow as leaders and promote gender equality with a few simple ideas. Explore these strategies to develop more female leaders in your workplace.
- Combat employee burnout — A growing number of companies are trying a new paid time off policy: the company-wide vacation. Yup, the offices close and all employees are given the same week of paid leave. Check out how company-wide PTO works.
- What to do when you’re in a rut — If the Sunday night blues are showing up every week and your productivity is plummeting, use these tips to get your motivation back on track.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Conde Nast Traveler, and Business 2 Community.
Federally insured by NCUA