Friday Five Business Briefing – September 9, 2022
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news you can use in a constantly changing business environment, including the hottest 50 jobs in Michigan, our state’s current economic dashboard, how to generate your best ideas and more.
- Michigan’s hottest jobs through 2030 —A new report on Michigan’s high-demand, high-wage careers shows a favorable mix of projected long-term job growth, projected annual job openings and median wages through 2030. Explore the full report in Michigan’s Hot 50 Job Outlook.
- Michigan’s economic performance — Michigan’s jobless rate is 4.2% compared with 3.5% for the U.S. Get more stats like jobs by county, jobs available and average weekly earnings from the Michigan Economic Dashboard.
- Hate networking? The biggest hurdle to overcome is to think about networking as an opportunity rather than a burden. Take a look at the social and psychological factors that can make networking uncomfortable and how to overcome them with these five steps on how to learn to love networking.
- Attention overachievers — Running multiple profitable companies at the same time is more doable than you think. Explore the guide on successfully running more than one business without running yourself ragged.
- CEO shares activity that gives the very best ideas — Three to four hours of alone time helps Doug Hirsch, co-CEO and founder of GoodRx succeed. Learn more about how this one weekly activity can help generate the best ideas.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Michigan Department of Technology, Management & Budget, Bridge Michigan, Kellogg Insight, Entrepreneur and CNBC.
Federally insured by NCUA