Your local fireworks finder
Michigan communities know how to celebrate Independence Day with a bang! Here’s when some of the most popular fireworks displays light up local skies this year.
BOOM!!! FLASH! SPARKLE & DAZZLE!
What delights young and old alike like Fourth of July fireworks? Spectacular displays abound in Southwest and West Michigan communities this Independence Day. Here’s a list of when and where to see spectacular shows with links to detailed information.
Grand Rapids Area
July 6: Grand Rapids
July 4: Holland
July 5: Portage
July 3: South Haven
July 4: Battle Creek (part of the Battle Creek Field of Flight)
July 1: Dowagiac and Niles
July 2: Watervliet
July 3: Baroda, New Buffalo, and South Haven
July 4: Bangor, Eau Claire, and Lawton
July 9: Sister Lakes
Tips for enjoying fireworks to the max
- Generally, fireworks start at dusk, around 10:15-10:30 p.m.
- In many communities, you’ll get the best viewing spots by arriving before sundown.
- Leave the alcohol at home when viewing from public spaces; many communities prohibit it at 4th of July fireworks.
- Wear light-colored clothing and carry a flashlight so you can be seen as you walk to your car after the show.
- Be patient in traffic as you head home. Accept the slow go as parking lots and city streets empty out as part of the experience.