Friday Five Business Briefing – April 14, 2017
A quick roundup of articles and resources to help you run your business better.
- It wasn’t pretty on United’s flight 3411 when a 69-year old man was forcibly removed. Dave Crenshaw attributes the action as employees blindly committing to a course of action and covers how to avoid a United incident at your company.
- Hey, Twitter! There’s a new kid on the block called Mastadon. This new social network “avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your conversation” and allows 500 characters per post, GIFV (GIFs in video format) and short videos. Time will tell if it thrives or goes extinct.
- Jump into Facebook advertising with this infographic guide for small businesses.
- Did you put off your taxes and work until late in the night? Here are 6 ways to stay awake, energized and focused without caffeine.
- How do can you stand out among clickbait and outright lies? Rob Frappier, a content strategists says be authentic, think like a journalist and let others tell your story. Read it all here.
Thank you to our Friday Five Sources: Dave Crenshaw via LinkedIn, The Verge, Headway Capital, Entrepreneur, and Weebly.