Friday Five Business Briefing – June 14, 2019
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including the effect of tariffs on American household budgets, the best way to save enough for retirement and tips from Navy SEALS for thinking clearly under pressure.
- American households will get hit big by tariffs — The impact of the U.S. trade war with China will cost the typical American household $831 in annual costs according to MarketWatch. This is higher than the $500 a year reported by NPR in mid-May during a previous round of tariffs.
- Fearing the golden years without the gold? Research shows that the best way to make sure you have enough money in retirement is to save 10%—starting now. Read how this simple rule works.
- How to think clearly when under stress — These Navy SEAL tricks will help you perform better under pressure.
- A boss who really gets work/life balance — A Chicago company president spells it out clearly for his employees: Stop apologizing for having lives. See what’s on his never-need-to-know list.
- When you don’t have flex Fridays — Schedule a break today and take a mini vacation in your imagination via The Discoverer Blog.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: MarketWatch, NPR, Barron’s, Fast Company, USA Today and The Discoverer Blog.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA