Friday Five Business Briefing – June 26, 2020
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
In a constantly changing business environment, here’s news to help you run your business better, including credit card hardship relief and how indoor air quality plays a role in reducing the spread of COVID-19, and more.
- Get a free Google Nest Thermostat # — Consumers Energy is giving away 100,000 thermostats for those that enroll in The Peak Power Savers® Smart Thermostat Program. Find out if this would be helpful for you or your business.
- Hardship programs for business cards — Businesses may be able to get the kind of financial relief offered to consumers when it comes to credit cards. Waived fees, reduced interest rates and lower monthly payments are just some of the breaks you might get. Learn more about hardship assistance.
- Indoor air quality gets attention in the fight against COVID-19 — Air filters and humidity control in offices, stores, restaurants and workplaces help reduce the risk of virus transmission through the air. Discover why social distancing isn’t necessarily enough.
- Cyber vigilance needed with work from home — Cybersecurity threats are rising with the number of people working from home. Cybercriminals are targeting known exploits in VPN, internet of things and authentication technology. Get more details on current cyber-attacks.
- Does what you say turn people off? Improve your communication skills by avoiding these 24 words and phrases that make you sound boring and turn people off.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: NerdWallet, Fast Company and Entrepreneur.
Federally insured by NCUA