Friday Five Business Briefing – January 3, 2020
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including a reprieve on unemployment insurance, what’s on the minds of West Michigan executives and ways to save on flights.
- Unemployment insurance relief six months early — Michigan’s Unemployment Insurance Agency has paid off $3.2 billion in bonds early, which means employers will see their assessments drop $65-$217 per employee. Get the full report.
- 10 things concerning local biz leaders — West Michigan executives are concerned about tariffs, stalled business spending and a talent crunch, according to MiBiz’s Crystal Ball report for 2020. Read about the top concerns on local execs’ minds.
- Meanwhile, consumers are optimistic — University of Michigan’s December Survey of Consumers shows that consumers’ sentiment remains high and that most folks anticipate low long-term inflation and improved household finances in 2020. Learn more about the survey.
- Three ways to save on flights — Before you book your next flight, watch this 60-second video with tips for getting the best airfare.
- Schadenfreude! You know, that feeling of pleasure you get from someone else’s misfortune? Indulge in knowing that your company didn’t land in this reel of the worst brand failures of the decade.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Crain’s Detroit Business, MiBiz, University of Michigan, Entrepreneur and Fast Company.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA