Friday Five Business Briefing – November 27, 2020
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news to help you in a constantly changing business environment, including consumers’ plans for year-end spending; strategies for small business survival during the pandemic; how to stop overthinking; and more
- Holiday season spending trends — A report from Amazon’s Jungle Scout shows that one quarter of Americans will spend less this holiday season compared to last year. However, 24% will spend more and 41% will keep their spending about the same as last year. See more spending stats and trends.
- Can employers require a COVID-19 vaccine? When the vaccine becomes available, many employers are wondering if they will be able to require employees to take it. The way your organization handles flu shots is a good place to start when establishing new policies. Get more details.
- New corporate role: Director of Remote Work — Now that work from home has become the norm, some companies are hiring leaders to manage the experience for a remote working. Read more about this new role.
- Pandemic small business survival — Don’t be afraid to ask for help, either for your business, your staff, or yourself if you want your business to survive. This is just one of five ways to help your small business survive the disruption of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Don’t overthink it — Runaway thoughts and second-guessing leads to needless stress, worry and overreaction. If you find yourself ruminating, check out these strategies to stop overthinking everything.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: PR Newswire, Inc., Fast Company, Entrepreneur and Forbes.
Federally insured by NCUA