Skip a payment options
If you’re interested in skipping a monthly loan payment, we make it simple and easy.
When using Skip a Pay, please keep this in mind:
- Skip a Pays may be made every 90 days.
- A Skip a Pay can be used on most vehicle loans, recreational loans and unsecured personal loans.
- A Skip a Pay request may be rejected if your loan is not in good standing.
- The skipped payment is moved to the end of the loan. This extends the time you will pay on the loan by one month for each Skip a Pay completed.
You can use Skip a Pay by submitting a request through Online Banking or calling our Member Service Center at 800.991.2221, as some skip requests require manual processing.
Here’s how to request to skip your next month’s payment online:
- Log in to Online Banking at www.consumerscu.org.
- From within your Online Banking account, go to the More (…) links section.
- Select Skip A Pay.
- Follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an immediate confirmation of the skip approval, and then we’ll apply the applicable fee and adjust your next payment due date.
Not an Online Banking user? Give us a call at 800.991.2221, or better yet, sign up for Online Banking here.
Save your skip for later
If you could use some extra cash later on, no worries! Our skip policies allow you to Skip A Payment any time throughout the year.
Should a Skip a Pay solution not work for you, please call us to discuss how we can meet your needs.
*Interest will continue to accrue during the deferment period. Deferment of payment will extend the life of the loan and may cause an increase in the final payment amount. Offer only available on CONSUMER qualifying loans (excluding: home equities, mortgages, credit cards, lines of credit, MI Saves and merchant loans, Share secured, CD secured and repayment accounts) currently financed with Consumers Credit Union with a maximum of six extensions allowed during the term of the loan, and no prior extensions within the last 90 days. Limit of two extensions per calendar year. Loans must be current and all accounts in good standing. If your auto loan has GAP insurance, please contact your insurance carrier to determine how a Skip A Payment may affect your coverage. Offer subject to approval and does not apply to the first payment of any loan. The fee to skip a payment is $40 for loan payments less than $500; the fee is $50 for loan payments greater than $500.