Friday Five Business Briefing – August 10, 2018
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including Michigan’s economic outlook, how to make a good first impression, how to protect your business from cybercriminals and more.
- Michigan’s financial and economic outlook boosted—Standard & Poor’s increased the state’s credit rating from AA- to AA with a “stable outlook.” Their late July report recognizes that the state has taken action to manage its economic volatility through increasing its reserves, aligning budgets and adopting pension reforms.
- Smile! You’re making a first impression—Seven seconds is all it takes for someone to get solid impression of who you are. Find out how to make the most of your seven seconds.
- Cybercriminals have small business in their sights—Almost half of all cyber-attacks are directed at small businesses because they have a lot of valuable sensitive information. This video from TechRepublic shows how you can reduce your digital security risk.
- Replacing employees is costly—Before you let an employee go, ask these nine questions to make sure you’ve exercised every option for repositioning an underperforming employee.
- Will LinkedIn revive voice messaging?—LinkedIn now features one-minute voice messaging. Could this be the next big thing in business communication or just another digital reminder we ignore?
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: State of Michigan, Forbes, TechRepublic and Small Biz Trends.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA