Friday Five Business Briefing – August 23, 2019
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including what makes a cool workplace, the economic forecast for Michigan, and ideas for getting away over Labor Day.
- What the cool employers do — Check out Crain’s 100 Cool Places to Work to discover what makes people love where they work. Take-your-pet-to-work days and generous medical benefits are just two of the many perks cool employers offer.
- Business leaders predict stable growth for Michigan — A majority of Michigan business leaders expect to continue or boost their investment in the state over the next 6-12 months. Read more about the economic forecast.
- More going-out-of-business sales at chain stores — 40 chains are shutting down brick-and-mortar stores as online shopping continues to deliver more and more to consumers’ homes. See who’s on the list in addition to Nordstrom and Walmart.
- Marketing savvy to get more backlinks — Infographics, media coverage and offering free online tools are just three ways to get more backlinks to your website. Get more ways here.
- Labor Day is just 10 days away — If you haven’t made plans for the holiday, here are 11 Michigan weekend getaways, plus Pure Michigan’s featured deals.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Crain’s Detroit Business, Business Leaders for Michigan, MoneyWise, Entrepreneur, Trips to Discover and Pure Michigan.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA