Friday Five Business Briefing – December 11, 2020
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news to help you in a constantly changing business environment, including which jobs will recover fastest; how to get people interested in your social media; how to celebrate the holidays at the workplace during the pandemic; and more.
- Economic recovery with unequal job growth — Over the next two years, high-wage jobs (including transportation and professional jobs) will exceed pre-pandemic levels increase in Michigan according to University of Michigan economists. However, jobs in lower-wage industries won’t see the same growth. The hospitality and restaurant industries will have 20% fewer jobs than before the pandemic. Get more details.
- Position yourself as a pro worth knowing — Get people interested in your social media with five simple tips: project the right image, make connections, build relationships based on value, respect boundaries and deliver a clear message. Discover how to put each tip into action.
- Healthy organizations build social capital — With teams working from home, social capital is diminishing rapidly. Small gestures and consistent actions from immediate supervisors and leaders who create new ways for employees to connect benefit from healthier social systems. Read more about building social capital.
- Is work from anywhere (WFA) the future? — There are numerous upsides to WFA for individuals, organizations and society. Making it work requires communication, brainstorming and problem solving, as well as knowledge sharing, socialization, camaraderie and mentoring. Harvard Business Review presents how organizations can successfully move to a hybrid or majority-remote operation. Read or listen to the whole article.
- Workplace holiday celebrations amid the pandemic — Celebrating accomplishments is more important than ever. Instead of parties this year, employers are planning virtual gift exchanges and hosting cooking classes and wine tastings. See how to create a holiday experience with high-end gifts, virtual parties, and culinary delights.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Bridge Michigan, Entrepreneur, Fast Company, Harvard Business Review and SHRM.
Federally insured by NCUA