Friday Five Business Briefing – December 14, 2018
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including the Michigan jobs outlook though 2020, tips for delegating and deciding if it’s better to buy or rent commercial real estate.
- Steady job growth foreseen for Michigan — Researchers at the University of Michigan say the Great Lakes State will add 35,800 jobs in 2019 and 39,300 in 2020. Where the workers will come from is uncertain. Read more about the economic outlook here.
- Hate to delegate? One way to start turning control over to your team is to start small and check in early. Discover more ways to get of out your own way here.
- To buy or rent commercial real estate? That is the question — If you’re buying, it might be helpful to set up an LLC that holds the property in order to get tax benefits. Get full insights here.
- Malcom Gladwell says it may be time to pivot — All that advice you’ve heard as an entrepreneur to just focus on one thing may not lead to the rewards you want. Instead, Malcolm says your ability to change direction and willingness to give yourself time is critical to entrepreneurial success. Read the whole story.
- Holiday fun and frivolity — Inject some fun at your next department meeting or party with these 30 Office Christmas Party Games. “Holiday Two Truths and a Lie” is sure to entertain everyone!
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Detroit Free Press, Forbes, Inc. and SignUpGenius.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA