Friday Five Business Briefing – February 5, 2021
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news to help you in a constantly changing business environment, including top priorities for West Michigan businesses in 2021; how to smooth things over with an angry customer; one way to boost your leadership skills; and songs to help you work better this week.
- Top priorities for West Michigan businesses — A recent Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce survey shows that COVID-19 business relief and recovery, a talented work force, and healthcare affordability are the top three issues of concern for West Michigan businesses in 2021. Under current conditions, 56% of businesses responded that their business is not at risk of closing; 17% say it’s impossible to predict if they’re at risk for closure; and 16% anticipate they can operate six months or less. See the full survey results.
- Angry customer? Defusing the situation and quickly smoothing things over starts with affirming their feelings. Discover seven more ways to make things right when a client has a problem.
- Lazy team member? A team member who doesn’t pull their weight can hamper productivity and damage morale. The best approach is to address the solution before the problem occurs. Learn how to lead a diverse team and handle a weak link.
- The nudge that makes employees more assertive and happier — When you ask employees, “What is the biggest challenge facing you this next week?” you get insights into the inner workings of your team or department. Learn how to use this nudge at your next virtual meeting.
- Make music your ally for creativity and productivity — Get songs to focus, rock, lift your spirit, inspire, energize and relax with these 10 playlists to work better this week.
- BONUS: On Wednesday, February 24, Inforum is hosting a ManufacturingNEXT Virtual Event on The Impact of COVID on Women and Diversity in the Workplace. Interested attendees can register
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Grand Rapids Chamber of Commerce, Inc., Entrepreneur and Forbes.
Federally insured by NCUA