Friday Five Business Briefing – July 12, 2019
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including which West Michigan communities are growing, the challenges faced by dairy farmers, and how to have summer fun in the workplace.
- West Michigan’s population rises — For the first time ever, the Grand Rapids population crossed the 200,000-person mark. See which communities in and around Kent County are growing too.
- Michigan dairy farmers diversify to survive — Family-owned dairy farms are feeling the pain of low prices and overproduction. 154 have ceased operations in the last year. To survive, others have turned to niche markets like caring for pregnant cows and newborn calves owned by corporate operations. Get the whole story here.
- Considering a re-brand for your business? — A new logo or website won’t fix your branding problems. Here are five questions to ask before your rebrand your business.
- Boost your rankings without being an SEO master — Infographics, media coverage and online tools are three ways to boost your SEO rankings in search engines. Learn how to boost your backlinks.
- Have some summer fun in the workplace — Don’t let summer slip by without having some fun like an ugliest Hawaiian shirt contest or Fishbowl Fridays where you draw names to see who gets let out of the fishbowl one hour early on Friday. Get more fun ideas here.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: MiBiz, Crain’s Detroit Business, Inc., Entrepreneur and Humor at Work.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA