Friday Five Business Briefing – May 14, 2021
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news to help you in a constantly changing business environment, including on-demand pay, building trust through humor and the outlook for consumer spending.
- Every day is pay day — The trend for on-demand services now extends to payroll. Some employers now pay employees on the day work is performed. They see it as a competitive edge in attracting talent. Read how it works.
- Designing for seniors — With a “silver tsunami” coming, innovators are creating products and services for an aging population, especially for home health care. Discover what’s new.
- The key to reconnecting is … humor? — Yup! Make ‘em laugh, or at least smile. The post-pandemic workplace will require folks to reconnect and one of the best ways to do so is through humor. Plus, humor deepens trust. Find out why a sense of humor may be the most important thing you bring back to the office.
- Consumer confidence grows — The University of Michigan’s Index of Consumer Sentiment shows that in April, federal stimulus spending and growing numbers of vaccinated people renewed consumer confidence. Overall, the data shows an “exceptional outlook” for consumer spending all the way through the middle of next year. See the report.
- Get out there (safely) — It’s been a long year of restrictions, but fairs and festivals are coming back with health guidelines in place. Support local merchants and organizations while celebrating at Pure Michigan events and participating in activities listed on the West Michigan Tourist Association’s site.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: The Guardian, Fast Company, Fortune, University of Michigan, Pure Michigan and West Michigan Tourist Association.
Federally insured by NCUA