Friday Five Business Briefing – November 13, 2020
Consumers business services
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers.Learn more
Here’s news to help you navigate a constantly changing business environment, including Black Friday tips; what secrets you might be giving away on Zoom; and how to connect with your community over the holiday season.
- Black Friday will be different this year — The 2020 post-Thanksgiving holiday shopping season requires small businesses to accept that things will be different this year. Many have expanded their BOPUS (buy online, pick up in store) offerings. Get more tips on enticing customers on Black Friday.
- You may be communicating more than you think on Zoom — Researchers have demonstrated that what someone is typing while on a video call can be deciphered by the movement of their shoulders—without using AI or special equipment. Discover more about why you should consider what you type while on camera on the record.
- Give audiences what they really want to hear — Podcasts are great for connecting with customers and potential customers on the go. Learn how to launch a podcast that boosts your visibility.
- 2021 IRS income tax brackets announced —The standard deduction for 2021 increases slightly to $12,550 for single filers and $25,100 for married couples filing jointly. Get all the new figures here.
- Staying connected with your community — Social distancing doesn’t mean there aren’t ways to share the warm fuzzies this holiday season. From toy drives to cross-promotions, here are 10 ways to connect with customers this holiday season.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: GoDaddy, Fast Company, Inc., Forbes and Ratchet+Wrench.
Federally insured by NCUA