Friday Five Business Briefing – November 16, 2018
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including how to shop for health insurance, why hiring veterans is a good idea, how to thank loyal customers and more.
- Health insurance open enrollment is here — When choosing health insurance, you have to look past premiums. In fact, there are seven factors to consider when shopping for a plan. If you or your employees buy insurance through the government Health Insurance Marketplace, you have until December 15 to sign up for next year.
- Veterans have valuable skills for employers — Veterans have been groomed to lead and be good followers, which translates into employees who adapt in fast-changing work environments. Discover nine reasons to hire veterans.
- Have you thanked a customer lately? — One of the most effective ways to retain customers is by rewarding those who are loyal. Here are eight ways to thank your customers.
- Profits through principles — Levi Strauss & Co. CEO Chip Bergh explains why he believes brands have a moral obligation to make their voice heard and make a difference in the world. Watch here.
- Thanksgiving dinner in a Pringles can — The stackable chip maker is now offering a limited-edition pack with three Thanksgiving flavors: turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie. What products could you customize for this holiday season that would grab customers’ attention?
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: U.S. News & World Report, Fast Company, Forbes and USA Today.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA