Friday Five Business Briefing – October 6, 2017
A quick roundup of news and resources to help you run your business better, including the GDP forecast for 2018 and tips for hiring seasonal help.
- Economic projections forecast modest growth of Real GDP. University of Michigan economists predict 2.4% for the rest of this year and 2.6% for 2018. Get more details here.
- Does your business need additional team members to handle the holiday rush? Here are five tips for hiring seasonal employees.
- Data hacks are not solely the concern of big operations like Equifax. If you think your business is too small to be hacked, think again. This report from The Denver Post shows five ways small businesses are vulnerable.
- The most important benefits for millennials and Gen Z are work flexibility and healthcare coverage. Watch a millennial CEO’s six tips for successfully hiring and leading the up-and-comers.
- If you enjoy creating graphics for your social media posts, check out this sweet infographic on how to mix fonts.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: MiBiz, USA Today, The Denver Post, Forbes and Canvas Fashions.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable Business Development Managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA