Friday Five Business Briefing – September 8, 2017
A quick roundup of news and resources to help you run your business better—no matter what happens with the weather!
- First Harvey, now Irma! We don’t have hurricanes in Michigan, but is your business ready to handle a disaster like a tornado? Answer six questions to find out how prepared you are.
- How will changes that affect the 6,400 DACA recipients in Michigan affect businesses? The Cato Institute estimates it will cost employers $6.3 billion nationwide in employee turnover, putting pressure on companies of all sizes.
- Turn your multigenerational workforce into a productive, cohesive team. This infographic shows the best ways to motivate and connect with employees of different generations.
- Through August, Michigan drew at least $4.3 billion in investment based on projects that have been approved by the Michigan Strategic Fund. One highlight is the $130 million corporate campus in Portage for Stryker’s medical instruments division. Read more.
- Gregory Ciotti stumbled across Stanford Business School’s YouTube channel and curated 10 must-see videos on business, creativity, and success. Watch them all.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Inc., Michigan Radio, Lifehack, Crain’s Detroit Business, and Entrepreneur.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable Business Development Managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA