Friday Five Business Briefing – September 22, 2017
A quick roundup of news and resources to help you run your business better—including how hurricanes and robots affect the economy.
- September’s hurricanes have unnerved consumers, according to a University of Michigan study. Their index of Consumer Sentiment stood at 95.3 in mid-September, a slight drop from 96.8 at the end of August.
- The next T-shirt you buy might be made here in the U.S. by a Chinese clothing manufacturer. And sewn by a robot. Read how this might affect jobs and the economy at Fast Company.
- Sooner is better than later when it comes to succession planning for family-owned businesses. Hardly anyone wants to talk about the transition from one generation to the next, but this article from MiBiz can help you start the conversation.
- When is it time to upgrade your workplace tech? Todd Custer says the #1 sign is that your technology doesn’t support how people communicate. Read all five signs.
- Want to boost clarity and creativity? Get your subconscious to work for you by taking 10 minutes twice a day to crystallize where you want to go and how you will get there. Learn how.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Commercial Property Executive, MiBiz, Grand Rapids Business Journal, Fast Company, and Inc.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable Business Development Managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA