Friday Five Business Briefing – September 6, 2019
Here’s news to help you run your business better, including the effect of tariffs on Michigan business, three rules to break and why providing high-quality childcare is worth the investment.
- Tariffs force Michigan businesses to raise prices — Weak Chinese currency and a stronger dollar have offset the effect of some tariffs, but higher wholesale costs are forcing Michigan retailers to raise prices. Get the whole story.
- Break these three stupid business rules — See why Chobani Billionaire Hamdi Ulukaya thinks the usual business playbook is flat-out dumb and what he does instead here.
- Planning to sell your business when you retire? With so many baby boomers retiring a better strategy may be bringing your family in—discover the reasons why.
- The ROI on providing high-quality childcare — Charles Bonello, CEO of Vivvi lays out the reasons why providing childcare to workers is worth it.
- Oh coffee, how we love thee — Lower rates of diabetes and Parkinson’s disease are just two of the benefits of enjoying a cup of joe. Check out more benefits and what’s at risk if you drink too much coffee.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: MLive, Inc., Forbes, Fast Company and Medical News Today.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA