Friday Five Business Briefing – March 9, 2018
A quick overview of five resources to help you run your business better – including how Facebook will change this year, how to be a better negotiator and a cheap way to conduct market research.
- Where the cool kids are – As you develop your marketing plan, consider that social media giant Facebook will lose 25 million users under age 25 before the end of 2018. Younger digital users are heading to Snapchat instead. Yet Facebook will continue to grow, albeit with older users. Which platform will your customers choose?
- Hire “diagonal thinkers” – The most valuable people on your team are those who fluctuate between highly creative thinking and the kind of structured thinking project leaders use. Get the whole story here.
- Is your company worth more with someone else in charge? Those who build businesses aren’t always the best ones to run them. If you plan to sell your company one day, find out how you can increase value by bringing in managerial help.
- 14 negotiating mistakes corrected in 13 minutes – Patrick Bet-David’s video tips will help you find common ground, become a better advocate for your company and fight for the best possible deal.
- Market testing on the cheap – Entrepreneur Joelle Mertzel, maker of a flip-top butter dish, found the perfect way to conduct consumer surveys with almost no money by interviewing idle travelers at airports. Read how she did it here.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Inc., Small Biz Ahead and Entrepreneur.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA