Friday Five Business Briefing – May 18, 2018
A quick overview of five timely resources to answer your business questions – including how to handle bad online reviews, when to jump into a new market and how to avoid costly scheduling mistakes.
- Bad online review? – Reputation.com founder Michael Fertik discusses how to manage your brand’s online reputation, handle negative comments so you don’t sound defensive and generate positive online comments in this Q&A.
- What’s the best time to enter a new market? – There’s no simple formula but here are four strategies that’ll make the process of timing your entry into a new market as painless as possible.
- Rethinking your company’s drug testing policy? – Marijuana is still illegal under federal law but with a low unemployment rate and legal medical marijuana in Michigan, some businesses are considering new drug testing policies. Before you make a drug policy change, read this. You’ll learn what to consider when it comes to safety, discrimination, workers comp and federal contracts.
- How do you know if a franchise is right for you? – Do your due diligence starting with these five ways to research franchise businesses.
- Are you making costly scheduling mistakes? – If your business operation relies on appointments, avoid these mistakes so you can get more bookings and reduce scheduling errors.
Thank you to our Friday Five sources: Business.com, Entrepreneur, Inc. and Small Business Trends.
Do you have business banking questions? Contact our knowledgeable business development managers or call 800-991-2221. We’re here to help you grow your business!
Federally insured by NCUA